Tech Support request form
Now I know that many of you reading this blog will totally relate to this and you are welcome to use it anytime you want. I am the resident computer geek amongst my friends and family and am plagued with calls and inquiries related to computers. The most annoying part of it is that once I give the solution the problem in question, the same person that didn’t have a clue when they frantically called me for help begins to argue with me about the solution given to correct the problem.
If you are so damn smart why did you call me to fix the problem that obviously was beyond your scope of knowledge. Exactly no answer! It is people like this that have made this support form so exciting. I received this in an email once and have no idea who originally wrote it but it’s the best computer tech support request form around so I thought I would share it.
P.S. The same people that argue about the solution to the computer problem also have no clue what an “Id-10-t” error is. Strike one up for the witty
Computer Problem Report Form
1. Describe your problem:
2. Now, describe the problem accurately:
3. Speculate wildly about the cause of the problem:
4. Problem Severity:
5. Nature of the problem:
A. Locked Up__
D. Foreboding warning message__
6. Is your computer plugged in?
7. Is it turned on?
8. Have you tried to fix it yourself?
9. Have you made it worse?
10. Have you read the manual?
11. Are you sure you’ve read the manual?
12. Are you absolutely certain you’ve read the manual?
13. Do you think you understood it?
14. If `Yes’ then why can’t you fix the problem yourself? __________________________________________
15. How tall are you?
16. What were you doing with your computer at the time the problem occurred?
17. If “nothing” explain why you were even logged in.
18. Are you sure you aren’t imagining the problem?
19. How does this problem make you feel?
20. Tell me about your childhood.
21. Do you have any independent witnesses of the problem?
22. Can’t you do something else, instead of bothering me?
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our Computer Problems Form.
Please allow 1-week response time so that the problem will resolve its self or you will reboot your computer, most likely resolving the issue.