Personal news about me and my family.
Personal news about me and my family.
Let me start by by saying that I am a little bias when it comes to Ukritic as I am the developer and co-founder of the community.
With that said I would like to take some time to explain what has gone into developing the community and the measures that have been taken to ensure that the community is a safe place to post Product Reviews.
During our planning and design phase of Ukritic.com the sole focus was on making sure that the content posted is utterly unique and relevant content. From start to finish the review posting process is designed to maximize your SERP potential and give you all of the tools needed to post amazing high quality product reviews.
Some of the major features that are included in the process to make your review writing process easier are as follows:
Layout & Design
The review templates that are available when writing your review are designed by some of the top affiliate marketers on the web today. The design concepts are 100% focused on maximizing conversion and click through rates.
Ad placements are UN-obtrusive and the potential customer is directed to a variety of outbound links which point to a internal redirect link that directs to your own affiliate link.
The moderation process for new reviews and members has been designed to ensure only unique high quality reviews are allowed to be posted to Ukritic community. To assist in this process we have included a per-moderation process that will inform you while creating your review of elements that need to be tweaked for approval.
Moderation is very strict for new members as we consider it to be a training process, our philosophy is simple – “Make sure that each and every one of our members has all of the information required to write quality reviews that can convert to sales”.
Community based SEO
This is one of the greatest strengths of the Ukritic community, while the founders of Ukritic are ensuring that the Ukritic domain is protected and only truly white hat methods of promotion are utilized to grow the domain.
Each member that promotes or shares their krits through social channels is effectively helping to build the profile of all pages on Ukritic. So what that means to you is that each member that actively promotes their krits is adding to the overall search engine profile of the entire ukritic.com domain.
As an active member of Ukritic you will be sharing in leveraging the power of a community based review network. Everything that the other members of the community does to help the profile is actually helping every other member.
So why should I promote my reviews if others will get the benefit?
This is a discussion that I have had with quite a few members and it came up often during beta testing. With homepage being the king for internal link profiling we have implemented a ranking and reputation system for members while assigns a score to each and every review in the community. This score is a directly correlated to the members reputation which is related to the review scores.
This complex algorithm rewards members for being a more active member on Ukritic.com thus keeping your reviews closer to the home page in the internal linking profile.
So by safely promoting your reviews and leaving ratings/reviews, voting, and watching other members you are effectively increasing your internal link weight.
What about spam?
I am going to make this as clear as possible – spammy reviews, duplicated content and non white hat promotional tactics while not be tolerated. Any activity that can be deemed to damage the overall reputation of the Ukritic community will be removed. This can include removal of reviews from the index and or suspension of your Ukritic account.
So the short and skinny of Ukritic.com is that the community was built by legitimate affiliate marketers for legitimate affiliate marketers. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Who makes a good “Kritter”?
Anyone can be an active member of Ukritic that is willing to write comprehensive reviews of products, we provide all of the tools for you to get affiliate links and insert them into your reviews so you can earn commission from sales generated by click through traffic.
Be rest assured however that is you are looking for a platform to post weak article content or overly hyped scam products you may as well find another site! Low quality spam type content will never see the light of day.
Why use Ukritic instead of building my own site?
The answer is simple here folks, Ukritic has done all of the hard work for you – there is no need to design and build your own website. All of the SEO is already done, you will be posting to an already authoritative site. Instead of starting from scratch you are starting your review network ahead of the curve.
Let’s say you wanted to test out a new market without the risk of building out a dedicated website – why not use Ukritic as your test bed for traffic and conversion. Hey you might just find that Ukritic templates convert so well you might decide to just skip building out your own site – Ukritic.com is just that easy.
Well I have gone on long enough about this community why don’t you just give it a try and see what happens. There is nothing to lose it is completely FREE to join.
It today’s internet world we are bombarded with emails, Facebook ads and the like – many of these ads are images of young people standing beside Ferarri’s, Porsche’s and other exotic cars parked in front of Malibu mansions.
The headlines read “Buy my book and I will teach you to make a million dollars on the internet – Just like I did…”
I have consistently blown these off as I thought them to be the same as the smooth talking dude on late night TV with there get rich quick offers available for the next 2 hours CALL NOW!.
Well for the most part I think I have saved myself thousands of dollars not buying any of these products. BUT What if these guys are not full of $%^&*@ what if there is money to be made on the internet?
I had never met anyone that is actually making money with these systems and programs until now. Sitting in my office slaving away at client work and desperately trying to drum up more business for my Web Design company was a constant in my life. Sure I was living the good life – no boss, own the company blah blah blah, the good life also comes with a price – COUNTLESS HOURS OF SLAVE WORK!!! It was starting to feel like a regular old job but without benefits or a guaranteed paycheck.
So there I was and in walks this dressed down guy from down the hall (he has seen my flyer in the building offering my services). To make a long story short I take a look at one of his websites (it was honestly a crappy looking site) – and guess what he was one of those guys.
” Look at me I make lots of money on the Internet telling people how to make lots of money on the Internet”
Needless to say I blew the guy off and continued my work – later that day I was heading out and see the guy in the parking lot getting into his $100K car as I walk to my little Honda Civic parked a few cars away.
I decided to strike up a conversation with him and apologize for basically be a skeptical “Prick” when he showed me what he was doing online. What do you know this guy was one of the nicest guys I have ever met – he explains to me that hes used to that kind of reaction from people when he tells them what he does so he avoids talking about his business with people.
We talked for over a hour about what he does and what I do… Later that week we met again (honestly I just wanted to tell him about a project I was working on hoping he might buy a copy for his business!) well he loved the idea and asked if I wanted to do a Joint Venture to promote it when it was finished.
Out pops my skepticism again I’ve been burned too many times with “Joint Venture” – to date they had all ended up as I work my a$$ off while the other party does jack and keeps asking why there is no money coming in from the project. I asked my self a few simple questions:
- This time had to be different right?
- This guy is legit I’ve seen his business work.
- What do I have to lose business was slow at this time anyway.
- I had already completed most of the product may as well get this guy to market it.
So my team and I finish off this Affiliate Sales Site building tool with feedback from my now Joint Venture partner in the project. It has been 3 months and we are nearing the end of 2009.
I will refrain from going into all the details pertaining to launching a product like this – needless to say it would have made a GREAT reality TV show.
Finally in early December of 2009 the product launches – we’ll see if this guy is really as good as he says he is or just another opportunist.
My take on the project over the next 2 months more more than the entire sales for my company the year before, on top of that the product stays on the market and makes sales every week creating me a passive income. HOLY S___T I could not believe this was happening!!!
That is now history! – I have since fired or transferred all of my clients and are solely focusing on Internet Marketing and product development. I am making more money that I ever thought I would make.
And yes I got myself a fancy car – Not as fancy as my business partners exotic car. Sorry no pictures of me standing beside it telling you how I can teach you to do the same.
Not all of these get rich internet programs are a scam, there are legitimate REAL people out there making money on the internet. Some of them honestly do care about the people that buy their products and help you do what they do.
Keep up to date with my product releases and information about the REAL internet Marketing business fill out the form on the right and get blown away.
The below link is a product I developed that details exactly how I did what I did and just how easy it can be to start an internet business that earns massive profits.
Are you the skeptic like I was or are you ready to take a little risk in your life and reap the rewards! It is totally up to you…
For those that may not know what HTPC is it an acronym for Home Theatre Personal Computer. Basically it is a PC that is dedicated to being a media computer connected to your Home Theatre System.
After a long time of researching options and components I have finally sourced out my HTPC system. The main concerns other than performance with this system was power efficiency and noise. As you will notice the components include the EARTHWATTS 80PLUS power supply, Western Digitals Green 1TB low energy use HDD and the ASUS 43T-M Pro green standard motherboard.
There are cheaper ways of building this system but I wanted to maintain decent quality components and be as GREEN as possible with the build. The ASUS board has integrated HDMI output on the Intel GMA X4500 graphics chip. The availability of the onboard HDMI was a huge selling point for this board as it reduces the power usage from having a PCIe card and there is no need for GPU cooling fans. For heat reduction and stability I opted for the Corsair XMS3 with the raised heat sinks.
The Antec Fusion Remote case supports Windows 7 and MCE, being available without the PSU was a big selling point as it allowed the ability to use the Earthwatts PSU. For internet connection I have opted for the D-Link Xtreme wireless N PCi card to save running cables from the room where this HTPC will reside to the data closet on the other side of the house. For ROM playback I opted for a Liteon BLU-RAY Reader to open up the versatility. CPU is a little bit of overkill for a media PC but its always worth having a little extra processing power in any computer.
The system will be connected to a Sharp 37” 720P LCD for the time being until I replace that with a 40” 1080P LCD.
THE COMPONENT LIST
- Liteon IHOS104 4X BLU-RAY Reader BD-ROM Drive SATA Black OEM
- Antec Fusion Remote Black HTPC Case mATX 1X5.25 2X3.5INT No PS with LCD Volume Control & Remote
- Antec Earthwatts 430W Power Supply ATX12V V2.0 20/24PIN Active PFC 80PLUS 80MM Fan
- Western Digital WD10EADS Caviar Green 1TB SATA 32MB Cache 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM
- D-LINK DWA-552 Xtreme N Desktop Adapter 802.11 Draft N B/G Triple Antenna PCI Adapter
- ASUS P5G43T-M Pro mATX LGA775 G43 DDR3 1PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 2PCI HDMI Video Sound GBLAN
- Motherboard Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 Dual Core Processor LGA775 2.5GHZ 800FSB 2MB Retail Box
- Corsair XMS3 TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX G 2GB DDR3 2X1GB DDR3-1333 CL 9-9-9-27 Dual Channel Memory Kit
Parts were ordered on Jan 1st 2010 from NCIX I will add to this post with the build and testing. I plan on running Windows 7 Ultimate on this system.
>> Keep Checking back for the build.
Build Part 1
Well it is January 08 2010 and I received some parts in the mail. It looks like UPS misplaced one of the packages. The misplaced package contains the Case and PSU so just the internals have showed up.
First thoughts – The MicroATX mainboard is not as tight to work with as I originally thought it would be. The CPU and Ram was easy to install and there is more than enough space to route the wires for the PSU when it arrives. The ASUS P5G43T-M Pro mATX comes with 2 X SATA cables 1 X ATA Cable, although lacking in the accessories and parts department this is a tight little attractive looking motherboard package that will make the great heart of this HTPC.
Corsair Dominator ram as always looks a little over bearing on the MicroATX Motherboard but the extra cooling fins on this series of Corsair RAM I find invaluable on both OC systems and systems that passive cooling takes priority over fan cooling.
HDD and SATA BLU RAY ROM Drive are OEM so there is nothing to report on these components and this time. The D-LINK DWA-552 Xtreme N Desktop Adapter is compact and looks like it will have no problems fitting on the board and in the case with no interference.
That is all to report until the rest of the package arrives. Keep coming back to see the rest of the build and the follow up performance part.
At t he end of the day – that’s all that matters, isn’t it? Getting results.
While virtually everyone else focuses on gadgets, gizmos & glitter – we built the Affiliate Genie from the ground up to maximize the only thing that matters as an affiliate – traffic & sales.
Affiliate Genie is built for serious affiliates who want targeted, cash-spending visitors and high conversions without wasting time on things like HTML, script management, page formatting and so on.
Just upload Affiliate Genie to any server and start immediately adding content, product reviews & offers – you’re literally up and running in 60 seconds!
Affiliate Genie is the fastest way to get a professional looking affiliate sales portal on build and live.
Some of the features built in to Affiliate Genie:
- Dynamically built XML sitemap
- Dynamically created XML newsfeed
- Dynamically created SEO
- WYSIWYG Editing for content and product reviews
- ClickBank id field to earn commission from the powered by link
- Niche themes available
- Backup of entire site
- Flip with ease
- NO messy databases
Sounds too good to be true right? Well watch the install video below and see just how easy it is to load up a website with Affiliate genie.
More features: http://affgenie.com/features.php
Buy Now: http://www.affgenie.com
I have been working hard on a new application designed with the affiliate marketer in mind. I have partnered with Chris Rempel from http://www.thelazymarketer.com/blog in order to bring this amazing product to market.
Some of the features included with Affiliate Genie are as follows:
- Dynamically built XML sitemap
- Dynamically created XML newsfeed
- Dynamically created SEO
- WYSIWYG Editing for content and product reviews
- ClickBank id field to earn commission from the powered by link
- Niche themes available
One of the core features of Affiliate Genie is its ability to easily create professional product review pages with an easy-to-use rating system and other integrated tools that – put simply – makes it very easy to publish unique, product-focused content.
And why is this a crucial success factor?
The answer is simple, and it’s something that was directly responsible for my own success as an affiliate…
Publishing product reviews and product-related content is the simplest possible way to get traffic from "buyer keywords" in the search engines. And trust me – those are the kinds of people you want coming to your site!
I’ve seen it with my own campaigns, time and time again…
Sites where I’ve tried to rank for a competitive keyword (or keywords) usually get a fair bit of a traffic, but the sales and conversions are average.
In contrast – sites where my content is specifically focused on products, pre-sales questions/problems and otherwise "buyer" keywords usually generate far more sales, even with a fraction of the traffic.
And with Affiliate Genie – rolling out sites like that is a breeze…
Perhaps the most powerful element of Affiliate Genie is that truly anybody – regardless of skill level – can put up professional affiliate sites with ease…
In fact, it’s actually easier to set up sites with Affiliate Genie than it is to install a WordPress® Blog – because you don’t need to set up a database! All you do is simply upload Affiliate Genie into your web space, login to the admin page and set some preferences.
Takes about 60 seconds, flat
Adding content is a breeze, too. It’s very similar to using a blog, with the exception being that your sites will be specifically optimized for profit.
And it’s infinitely better than using sites like Squidoo®, HubPages® or Blogspot® because you actually own and host Affiliate Genie on your own domains.
(And by the way… if you’re not building your own sites on your own domains – you’re not building a business. And your income will always be hanging from a thread…)
But that said, it’s not just for beginners, either. Affiliate Genie is designed for all levels of marketers.
Coming soon is the amazing story of how Affiliate Genie came to be…
The form on the left will allow you instant notification of the Affiliate Genie release date.
At my company I have been developing a dynamic gallery script in PHP using Jquery library for displaying the images. the new script is completed and ready to share. View a sample of the script in action.
- Easy to use just upload a folder of images to create a new gallery
- Search engine optimized, title and alt tags matched to files
- Lightbox style full size image viewing
- Accordion style galleries allowing for one gallery to be open at a time to save space
- Automated thumbnail generation (no need to create thumbnails)
- Titles and tags are dynamically generated
- All you need to manage your galleries is an ftp client to upload images to your site
Customization options are available to fit the style and theme of your specific website including colors, theme matching and other options. Pre processing of images for the web is available also.
Once deployed galleries are very easy to maintain using any FTP program, you can rename, move and delete images from galleries without errors. Rename a folder and the site will update the next time it is loaded. If you are looking for an easy to manage photo gallery tool for you site then this is the script for you.
For more information on putting this script on your site please visit mk2solutions.com.
Well it is time for another moview review, I only review a movie when it is really good or really bad. It is with great displeasure and a broken heart, that I bring you the following review of Transformers 2 – Revenge of the Fallen. There are spoilers in the review so if you still plan on seeing it don’t read ahead any further.
Never before have I been as dissapointed in a movie as I was tonight. Anxiously have I awaited the release of this sequel to one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. So much potential for this sequel;
Micheal Bay a director famous for good sequels.
Introduction of more transformers and characters.
A perfect ending to continue from.
Instead this movie is of the same caliber as King Kong by Peter Jackson. I mean this movie was so bad I almost walked out of the theatre half way through. At every turn I was hoping something would happen to save the movie but it never did. At every opportunity to save it Michael Bay screwed it up even more.
Top reasons why Transformers 2 – Revenge of the Fallen sucked – let me count the ways.
- Michael Bay has invented a new race of Transformers the moronicons, these are the endless stream of little “Decepticon” robots that flooded this movie. Their moronic behaviour, babble and the seemingly endless stream of them alone was enough alone to wreck this movie.
- Lets just jump right ahead 2 years without any introductions to the new Autobots that have arrived and are working with the humans in a special task force. Except of course idiot twins which reminded me of a really bad cheech and chong movie.
- Someone forgot that you need to develop new characters when making a movie instead of just having them appear guess chevy owned the movie and wanted to show off the new Corvette.
- A giant chevy commercial, OMG I can totally understand car companies sponsoring a movie but seriously General Motors logos showcased on the screen at every opportunity. What a total waste. Why not allow other car companies to have vehicles in the movie, add some variety to the Autobots. But I Guess GM spent ALL there money making sure that it was only their cars in the film when they should have been worrying about the state of their company. Shame on Michael Bay for letting this happen.
- I am all for comedy in a movie but really this was so over the top rediculous that it hurt to watch.
- The little moronicon humping Megan Foxes leg! – Seriously what idiot thought this would be a good shot for the movie. Sure the audience laughed but come on!
- The giant testicles on the constructicon at this point I was wishing that they would just aim the big rail gun at the theatre and end my torment.
- Jetfire – As the movie introduced the SR71 it looks like there is going to be something that changes the downward spiral it is on. But no! Why would you save the movie instead lets make a decrepid cenile old robot that walks with a cane. Who let all the idiots into the writers group, just because it seems funny in your head doesn’t mean it will help the movies you talentless hacks.
- Super prime – OMG Optimus Prime went to Canadian Tire and bought all the stick on parts he could find and went into battle.
- The human Decepticon with the super tounge, WTF you seriously added a Terminator T-X into the movie. Did someone not tell him that they made Terminator Rise of the Machines already and that you did not need to add one into the transformers.
- All the transformers have breath. Yes they have breath and spit alot, Note to writers: You did not need to make them more human like for the audience to love them WE ALREADY LOVED THEM YOU IDIOTS!
- BumbleBees little emotional breakdown in the garage where he cries. Hmm lets see his character was established in the first movie now he is a brooding & bumbling little whiner instead of the gaurdian that he was supposed to be.
- Action for the sake of action, lets just blow shit up ALOT, forget plot, story and character development. If we just blow stuff up and have lots of big robot battles people wont realize that movie sucks.
- We have all seen Pearl Harbour and don’t need to watch scenes from it in transformers. The bodies floating down after the aircraft carrier sinks jesus man why would you need to add that scene into the movie it does nothing for the movie other than give you a 14A rating.
That is the major reasons that this movie sucked balls. Such a fitting term considering all the references to balls and sacks in the movie. I wish there was something good I could say about the movie but it is so tarnished by crap that there was nothing that could save it. No matter how good the special effects were or how much stock military footage you through into it, CRAP is still CRAP.
1/10 is all that I can rate this movie. I have never been dissapointed to badly by a sequel as I was by this. I am fed up of over hyped directors thinking they can do whatever they want with a movie franchise and wrecking it. Not that I am an advocate for piracy but if you want people to goto the theatres and buy the DVD’s instead of pirating movies make something that is worth the price of admission and waiting in long lines to see. Judging by IMDB it looks like Michael Bay has been listed as Director for Transformers 3. I certainly hope you fix the mess of this franchise that you made with Revenge of the Fallen.
Well that is all I have to say about this, I think I will go watch Transformers (the first one) and find a way to get over this horrible night.
For years I have dreamed of owning an Alienware laptop, all of my desktop computers are at my office so other than my Fujitsu laptop I don’t have a serious computer for at home. Looking over the Internet I found a sparse number of reviews of the M17 none of which provided any really good information for me the consumer. Alienware is renowned for their customizable configuration so reviewing them can be difficult due to the multitude of configurations available.
The following is my configuration of the M17 for this review.
- CPU – Core 2 Duo T9550 2.66Ghz
- GPU – Dual Radeon 3870 Mobility in Crossfire X
- RAM – 4GB DDR3
- Screen – WUXGA 17″ 1920X1200
- HDD – 128GB SSD
- NIC – Intel Wireless N with MIMO
- OS – Windows Vista Home Premium
- Headphones – Alienware TactX
- Orion Backpack
Total Price including shipping to Canada $3005 US
Ordering and Intial impressions
The order process was not as easy as expected I had to call the billing line because I am outside of the US. After a quick call to validate my credit card information the order was processsed. Much like Dell I was able to follow the build process of the laptop over the 9 phases of assembly, testing an shipping. I opted for the standard Fed Ex shipping offered from Alienware. Shipping was amazingly fast I had the laptop at my door in 2 days. The system comes in a big black box which contained another box with laptop and accessory pack. The M17 itself was covered with an alienware form fitting felt sleeve. The accessory package is top notch from the leather bound instruction manual to the monsterous 3lb power supply. Even the connecting cables for the powersupply are thicker than average and higher quality than found on most laptops. Pulling hte M17 out of the box and opening the felt sleeve is remenat of a scene from 2001 Space Odyssey all that was missing was the music playing in the background. The casing feels like the material the bat suit is made of. Softer to the touch but a hard protective shell. On my M17 I opted for the original SkullCap lid. Opening the lid for the first time it felt substantial and rigid no concerns about flexing even with a 17″ screen. Overall I am quite impressed with the look and feel of the unit. The only minor flaw I can find is that there is a slightly raised section where the indicator lights and quick touch buttons are but its nothing that impeeds the usabilty or cosmetics.
It is difficult to call this Laptop a Laptop seeing as you cannot use it on your lap without a hard surface between your legs and the computer. There are some small vents on the bottom of the case that are not to be blocked. At close to 10 lbs the laptop is also a little on the heavy side but overall it is easy to manouver around. Picking it up with one hand is still an option and when you do there is no flexing of the chasis when lifting. I for one am willing to deal with a slightly more bulky laptop to have the security of a rigid chasis that doesn’t feel like it will break if you breathe on it wrong. I expected this beast to sounds like a 747 when I fired it up but was extremely surprised to hear almost nothing. The SSD drive is partially responsible for the lack of noise from the case. Under normal usage conditions you can barely hear the cpu fan making the M17 an extremely enjoyable desktop replacement while maintaining the mobility of a laptop. There are some minor annoyances under regular usage with the ergonomics. The touch pad is not easy to operate but with some tweaking of the sensitivity I’m sure it will be fine. Most of the time I am using a trackball or wireless mouse on the machine anyway so its not of major concern. The front edge of the case has a somewhat hard edge where your arms are resting so if the position of the computer in height relative to your arms is important to avoid serious rubbing of your wrists on the edge when typing. I found that having the keyboard slightly below so that you wrists are slightly bent when typing will aleviate that minor ergonomics problem.
Wireless performance is incredible, When connected wireless to my WRT160N or my WRT300N router I am pulling speeds of up to 1.8MB/Sec on download, when connected to an old WRT54G wireless G router I was pulling sustained 600KB/s to 900KB/s on torrent downloads.
The keyboard responds to soft touches well and is a little on the loud side for a keyboard but I am ok with that I don’t mind a loud keyboard when typing. The port configuration for USB and audio is extremely user friendly with enough ports on the right side of the machine to facilitate you needs. The volume wheel yes wheel no more annoying buttons works smoothly and responsive and is located in a place that is very easy to operate.
Configuration and Installed Software
The OS fired up in quick time comared to other vista instalations. I opted for both the VitaKey fingerprint scanner and the facial recognition biometric data for logging into Windows. I have never been a fan of these kind of devices in the past they have not been reliable. It has been a week now and between the fingerprint scanner and the facial recognition it is easy and faster getting into windows than using the traditional password input. The fingerprint scanner sometimes take a couple of swipes but in decent lighting conditions the facial recognition usually logs me in before I get to the second finger swipe. Much to my surprise and delight there was NO demo software in the windows installation when I fired up windows. No trials of office, no wildtangent games, no antivirus trial bugging you. All that was on the computer was an installation of power DVD and required device drivers. Finally a computer that didn’t need hours of software tweaking before I could be happy using it. So far so good, I have opted to keep this machine pretty clean and run alot of open source software here is the list of apps that I have installed and are running for productivity.
HTML Editing – Notepad ++
Image Editing – GIMP
Browser – Firefox
Media Player – VLC for video and Media Player for Music. I really dont use Media Center for anything as I hate it with a passion.
Email and Messaging – Windows live essentials
Thats about it for the software portion of this review I haven’t chosen an office suite yet but will most likely use open office. The one bit of advanced configuration required is to reconfigure the soft touch quick launch buttons above the keyboard. See below for how to configure the buttons on the M17, I have listed my configuration for the buttons. You can copy and paste the entire code block and save the file with extension .reg then double click the file to merge the contents into the registry.
Gaming Performance & Benchmarking
On the desktop there was a shortcut to a file named ‘My Alienware PC Information’ the path to the file “C:\Windows\System32\Alienware\My PC Information.XML”. In this file is all the information about my laptop including all of the benchmark runs and it is formatting like an Area 51 secret document. Below you will find the results from the burn in benchmark tests run on my specific machine. The rest of the document contains specific details about the components and drivers.
3DMark Score- 13,081.00 3DMarks
SM2.0 Score- 5,712.00
HDR/SM3.0 Score- 7,477.00
CPU Score- 2,410.00
Game Score- 0.00 Points
SM2.0 Graphics Tests
GT1 – Return To Proxycon- 46.22 FPS
GT2 – Firefly Forest- 48.99 FPS
CPU1 – Red Valley- 0.77 FPS
CPU2 – Red Valley- 1.20 FPS
HDR/SM3.0 Graphics Tests
HDR1 – Canyon Flight- 87.19 FPS
HDR2 – Deep Freeze- 62.36 FPS
Unreal Tournament 3 Demo
Average FPS- 59.31 FPS
Time Spent Over 30 FPS- 99.76 percent of total benchmark time was spent above 30 FPS
Pretty impressive results in a laptop I have to say. I quickly installed steam and downloaded my instal for Drakensang and Unreal Tournament 3 both games played with high framerate at full detail 1920X1200 resolution. I am more than happy with the results of the gaming performance. As far as the noise level when gaming, well what can you expect from a highpower machine playing games you need to have some serious cooling power to keep things running stable. After playing Drakensang for 4 hours straight there is no issues with the laptop getting overly hot and or reduced performance.
Pros: Amazing customer experience, Magnificant machine, Great gaming performance, Very quiet under normal usage conditions.
Cons: Hard edge on the front of the case is a little rough on the wrists under certain operating conditions, Bulky power supply.
Well I have finally caved and decided to submit a 25 random things about me list. I normally hate these things as they share too much personal information. In this case though I have had a colorful life so there is lots of things that I can share. Some are humouros. I hope you enjoy.
- I hate shoes, seriously I could live barefoot or in flip flops and I usually do in the spring and summer. Expect to see me in flip flops when coming to my board room for a meeting.
- I used Used to walk around and smack people on the forehead cause it made a neat sound. At least this is something that I have grown out of.
- I was Born in England, lived in Winnipeg, Ontario and BC where I reside now.
- I was at one time in my life a “homeless Person”. Slept on the street and worked hard to get off the streets. I have no respect the Bums that are capable of getting of the street but choose not to.
- I am a Workaholic, I have to be creating something I’m writing this post while watching TV and answering my wife/accountants questions on invoices etc.
- I Generally like animals and sea life more than people, animals are so innocent, loving and bring us so much joy. People well they start wars, hurt each other and are generally ignorant for the most part.
- I am a die hard Breast Man I’m totally Addicted to Boobs seriously its and obsession. If you keep reading there is proof of just how much of a boob man I am. They have to be real all natural though. I hate fake boobs.
- I Was once arrested at gun point – long story and no I don’t have a criminal record it was all a big misunderstanding. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
- I have never been to a strip club. No seriously NEVER BEEN. Don’t know why, I guess I have just never really had the inkling to go. Maybe it’s because most of the boobs are fake who knows. Come to think of it I have never gone to a funeral either, I have never seen the point in funerals. I have always gotten together with friends and family of those that have died and done something that we would do if the deceased was with us and remember them that way.
- I love to build stuff, anything, RC(Planes, Boats, Cars, Helicopters), Computers, random s**t around the house
- I can guess any woman’s bra size and 99% of the time I’m right seriously I’ve been tested over and over again by so many women that don’t believe a man can know that much about bras/boobs.
- I refuse to own any vehicle that is completely stock. I have modified in some sense EVERY car that I have owned. Come to think of it I modified my boat and my motorcycles as well.
- I have been involved in a high speed car chase (long time ago) in one of my modified cars. Young and Stupid is all I have to say for myself on that one.
- I too often have to say “I warned you!” or “I told you so!” TOO many times do I have to say those words. Read the post I AM THAT GUY for more info on this one.
- I am a born again TECHNOLOGY GEEK circa 1997 and loving it. I have 2 laptops, 5 computers, 2 home theater setups, assorted Radio Controls models, toys all over my office.
- Sometimes when I am bored I Google myself. Ok I am lying here its actually a daily event. Gotta check my placements you know.
- I actually KNOW everyone on my Facebook friends list. At sometime in my life I have had actuall conversations with everyone in my friends list.
- I have never broken a bone larger than a toe (knock on wood). Although I did dislocate and break a pinky toe once and had to set the toe myself while I was in shock about the strange angle it was pointing at.
- Some of the people closest to me swear I am psyhcic, I have predicted many events and occurances related to people around me. When tested for personality traits my strongest were Analytical & Empathetic. I am really good at reading situations and make very educated guesses on outcomes that are most often right.
- The most annoying sound in the world is people eating with their mouths open. This sound instantly throughs me into a negative state of mind, it is angering. I stopped dating a girl (way back when) for eating into the phone all the time. It is the grossest sound!
- I love the feel of new socks IF I was a millionairre I would never wear the same pair of socks twice. When I am not bearfoot of course.
- I don’t keep up with the fashion trends I wear what I am comfortable in. The only time I think I am in fashions is when I am on the golf course. The rest of the time it’s comfort clothes. If I am wearing a suit someone better be getting married or I am signing a REALLY BIG DEAL.
- When I was younger I thought golf was the dumbest game ever now I can’t get enough of playing it. Half to play everyweek. I even own a golf webiste YourGolfStats.com.
- I think reality TV shows are a joke and wishes they would stop making them, they are the epitome of what is wrong in this world.
- I took me 2 weeks to get this list together.
Well there is probally a lot more than 25 things in this list. Oh well makes for more reading. Thanks to my viewers for reading my space on the web. It is about time that I told you all a little more about me.
Check out some of my other favorite posts while you are here:
- Where is your cellphone? On The Counter downstairs
- Where is your significant other? Beside Me
- Your hair color? Dark Brown.
- Your family? Spit into two group Welcome and Not welcome.
- Who you miss the most? My old cat Tally.
- Your favorite thing? Boobs.
- Your dream last night? I took a sedative last no dreams just good sleep.
- Your dream/goal? Domination of the internet world The ultimate .dot com Mogul.
- The room you’re in? Right now my bedroom
- Your hobby? Computers, Gaming, Golfing, Radio Control Models, Cars, Graphic Design.
- Your fear? Regection, Ridicule, Failure
- Where do you want to be in six years? Hawaii.
- Where were you last night? Doing accounting in bed.
- What you’re not? Tolerant of stupid, Fat, Completely Sane and people that lack common sense.
- One of your wish list items? . Lexus IS F
- Where you grew up? England, Winnipeg, Ontario
- The last thing you did? Accounting.
- What are you wearing? Silk Boxers.
- Your TV? 42″ Samsung Plasma, 37″ Sharp LCD, 120″ Projector screen.
- Your pet? YokiPoo Milo well hes really my wifes dog but I’m Kinda attached.
- Your computer? I have too many. QuadcoreExtreme2.66ghz 8GB DDDR2 8800GTX 74GB Raptor Drive, Fujitsu6025 Laptop, Alienware M17 Laptop, Assorted others.
- Your mood? Driven, Focused
- Missing someone? Not at the moment.
- Your car? 2000 Honda Civic EX B16A JDM, 2.25 Stainless Exhasut VAFC2 Lowered 17″ Rims and more…
- Something you’re not wearing? Socks, Shirt, Pants
- Favorite store? Edge Computers, Ebay
- Your summer? Usually busy.
- Love someone? yes My wife and kids.
- Your favorite color? Black, White, Yellow, Blue, Green.
- The last time you laughed? This morning.
- The last time you cried? Can’t remember.
- I am quite possibly addicted to Computers and Toys & Boobs.
- I shudder when I fall sleep. Scares the S**T out of my wife I litterally shutter like a massive hickup just as I fall into REM sleep. So I am told
- When I was a sales manager at a retail store I used to sit in the back with the other managers and make fun of the stupid people that would complain the most about things their fault.
- I enjoy watching Discovery HD a channel dedicated to Geeks.
- I knew I was in love with boobs the first time I saw one (I know I know it is what it is)
- I cannot stop thinking about work and the future.
- I hate stupid and ignorant people they drive me up the wall especially when I have to deal with them.
- The closest thing to porn that I own is the DVD of “Original Sin”.
- When I am bored and alone sometimes I Google myself.
- I drink close to 3L of water each day. I am always thirsty, but test negative for diabetes.