Information about computers
Information about computers
Now I know that many of you reading this blog will totally relate to this and you are welcome to use it anytime you want. I am the resident computer geek amongst my friends and family and am plagued with calls and inquiries related to computers. The most annoying part of it is that once I give the solution the problem in question, the same person that didn’t have a clue when they frantically called me for help begins to argue with me about the solution given to correct the problem.
If you are so damn smart why did you call me to fix the problem that obviously was beyond your scope of knowledge. Exactly no answer! It is people like this that have made this support form so exciting. I received this in an email once and have no idea who originally wrote it but it’s the best computer tech support request form around so I thought I would share it.
P.S. The same people that argue about the solution to the computer problem also have no clue what an “Id-10-t” error is. Strike one up for the witty
I love video games, the escape and the entertainment factor of playing games. Half-Life 2, Homeworld, Blaster Ball, Call of Duty, there are an infinite number of game titles that populate the shelves of retailers of the world. A large number of these games actually teach our kids some great motor skills and a lot of them are very educational games that can aid in our children’s development.
There comes a time though when the moral question of “just because we can should we?” comes up. Society in general has failed to provide the right answer to this question on many occasions. Lets take one game that disturbs me to no end, which has pushed the limits of this morality question.
The Grand Theft Auto – Series.
OMG this entire series should be banned from all retailers and all copies systematically destroyed. Rockstar Games and Take-two Interactive the major publishers of this filth should be put under close scrutiny when publishing any new games in the future. The parents that allow their children to play these games should be forced into parenting classes. Come on people what are you thinking allowing your kids to be educated by this morally corrupt garbage. This game allows and even rewards it’s players for terrorist like behavior, assaulting innocent people and law enforcement officers. You get rewarded with money for luring prostitutes into your car and beating them in the back seat.
Come on people this is utter filth and pointless, why would any company want to be affiliated with a complete lack of morality praising the behaviors that we as a society are trying to stop. We try and teach our children morals and appropriate behavior but then allow them to play video games that they are exposed to are teaching them to complete opposite. Its like training to be a criminal, Microsoft came under fire for the accuracy in the flight simulator series after the 9-11 attacks. You have got to be kidding me about this crap, our kids are playing GTA and training to be total criminals and rewarded for abhorrent behavior but a game that actually educated and prepares out children for future careers in aviation comes under fire. Grab a freaking brain people how does a game like GTA stay in production and is able to release so many sequels. This a time when censorship is well needed and yet it fails to protect our youth from this utterly barbaric crap.
I know what some will say, what makes Half-Life, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Rainbow Six, and many other Violent titles with a mature rating different from GTA. Well incase you can’t figure this out for yourself, I’ll spell it out for you. These other games involve surviving through attacks from alien races that DON’T exist, defending from bad guys (terrorists) in rainbow six, reliving previous wars in the Call of duty series and guess what you are penalized for taking an innocent life. If that isn’t enough difference for you these games have limits of what you can do in them. GTA has no limits of how morally corrupt the player can become.
It is our responsibility as adults and parents to teach and mold our children into the people that they deserve to be. Guidance and education, discipline and consequence where have these values gone when we are raising our children. Video games and television are major influences in our children’s lives and that is not going to go away. We need to make sure that what we allow them play and allow them to watch programming that teaches them correct values and helps them to make the right decisions in life. I’m not condoning complete censorship of everything as I am a firm believer of freedom of speech. However there should be some moral standards held when publishing products targeted at our children.
Well I have been running Windows Vista 64 bit for a week now and all the bad things that I heard from people when I decided to switch have not happened. The system runs very efficiently all of my software works well with it and even games are running smoother and with less video glitches.
Problems that I have found to date are as follows.
- SyncToy from Microsoft does not work on x64 bit vista but there is a work around that I found here.
- PCI Simple communications Device driver not found but after uninstalling the device and running diagnostics when it was found on reboot. I was directed to a link to an Intel download that corrected the problem.
Windows is recognizing all of the RAM installed in the system currently 4GB with the other 4GB en route. Overall I am very happy with how well vista 64 is running and there is no conflict with any of my applications. Install time was just shy of 15min from boot to reboot after install. Adobe Master Collection CS3 installed in a very short time compared to installing it on the XP system.
64 bit OS’s are the future and if you are building a new system then I highly recommend Vista 64. If you are worried about certain applications not running in 64 bit environment then you can just run them in compatibility mode. 16bit applications won’t run on 64bit but seriously there is not a reason to run 16bit applications in todays world.
Here is a great site for tweaking Vista and learning more about how to speed up the OS at pcstats.com.
Well thats it for now folks. If you have any questions or want me to test things feel free to drop a comment.
Well I am getting my workstation ready for a fresh install of all my OS and software. New license of Adobe CS3 Master Collection and Vista 64bit Business are the main application packages.
Intel Extreme Quad Core QX6700 CPU
8GB Corsair XMS2 DDRII 6400 RAM Cas Lat 5-5-5-18
Gigabyte GA965-DQ6 Mainboard
Geforce 8800GTX GPU from BFGTech
WD 74GB Raptor 10K SATA System HDD
Seagate 500GB Storage Drive
Linksys NAS200 w/2X320GB Seagate HDD
Seasonic 700W 60AMP PSU in ANTEC P180Case
System should run well on vista64 bit, this system is mainly for graphics development and gaming. I will post more details when I get it all fully setup and running.
I recently bought the NAS200 from Linksys as a backup device for my workstation in the office. It came as a very highly rated NAS so I chose this one.
The packaging is what you come to expect from Linksys and a neatly packaged software CD for which I only used the driver. The device itself is incredibly easy to setup, unpack the device open the drive bays and literally just slide in the drives one by one, plus in the power and LAN and its ready to go.
One detected and the drivers where installed I realized that you HAVE to format the drives using the Linksys format (Linux based) before the drives are accessible. I found this a little disheartening at first but after doing some research I decided its not that big a deal to me.
The device once installed was easy to map a network drive and setup my backup tools to backup to the drive. I personally use syncBack instead of the one button as I have somewhat complex backups from multiple drives and folders. The one major drawback I found is that I only get a max transfer rate of 2MB/Second so the initial backup took a few days (over 300GB) of information. Once that was completed though backups are quick and the system is very quiet. In the admin settings of the NAS you can set the auto spool down interval of the drives and it works so well. As soon as the device detects an access via LAN the drives spool up and you have access in a second or two.
Overall I would recommend the NAS200 from linksys to anyone looking for a multiple drive NAS backup system that is small enough to sit on the desk and quiet enough to not make you turn up your speakers to try and drown in out.
•I’m Not A Gynecologist But I’ll Take A Look.
•Even Your PokerFace Is Ugly
•I’m Not A Proctologist But I Know An Asshole When I See One
•A Little Birdie Told Me You’re A Dumbass
•Attention! Choking Hazard
•I Don’t Know You, But I’m Pretty Sure I Don’t LIke You.
•Why Are You Still Here? The Stupid People Left Hours Ago.
•Hit It And Quit It
•I Had Your Cake And Ate It Too
•No One Cares About Your Blog!
•Some Idiot Bought Me This Stupid Shirt For Christmas
•What Happens At The Trailer Park… Stays At The Trailer Park!
•If I Gave A Shit, You’d Be The First Person I’d Give It To.
•I’m Just Like You…Only Smarter and Better Looking
•There’s No “I” In Team And There Ain’t No “I” In “Go F Yourself” Either
•I Can Only Please One Person A Day. Today Isn’t Your Day
•Your Trailer Park Called…Their Trash Is Missing
•Your Village Called Their Idiot Is Missing
•Let’s Flip A Coin HeadsI get Tail Tails I Get Head.
•I’m Not Fluent In Idiot So Please Speak Slowly & Clearly
•Despite The Look on My Face You’re Still Talking?
•That’s Mr. Asshole To You
•If I Wanted to Hear From An Asshole I’d Fart
•Tell Me Again How Lucky I Am To Work Here (I Keep Forgetting)
•Your Results Came Back… It’s Not A Tumor.
•To Err Is Human To Blame Someone Else Shows Mgmt Potential
•Everyone Is Born Right Handed, Only The Gifted Overcome It
•I’m Not Santa (But Your Can Still Sit on My Lap)
•Are You Going To Eat That?
•Let Me Drop Everything & Work On Your Problem!
•Mess With Me You Mess With The Whole Trailer Park
•Don’t Rush Me I Get Paid By The Hour
•I’m Not An Alcoholic I’m A Drunk – Alcoholics Go To Meetings
•Wang the Dyslexic Guy Says Yuck Fou
•Don’t Take Life So Seriously. It Isn’t Permanent.
•4 Out Of 3 People Have Trouble With Fractions
•Remember, You’re Unique Like Everybody Else
•My Imaginary Friend Thinks You Have Serious Mental Problems
•This Is My Costume. Now Give Me The Damn Candy
•Alright, Already..I’m Sorry Unfuck You
•I’m Right 98% Of The Time. Who Gives A Crap About The Other 3%
•My Parents Said…I Could Be Anything I Wanted, So I Became Bn Asshole
•I Never Make Mistakes, I Thought I Did Once, But I Was Mistaken
•Here I Am Now What Are Your Other Two Wishes
•Who Are You and Why Are You Reading My Shirt
•Where The Hell Is Easy Street
•I Can See Your Point But I Still Think You’re Full Of Shit.
•I Would Do Me.
•I Drive Much Too Fast To Worry About Cholesterol!
•Yes, I Have Plenty Of Change You Homeless Piece Of Shit.
•Yes, My Shit Does Stink
•Dora the Whora
•No to Osama, Obama, and Chelsea’s Momma!
•Life’s a bitch. So don’t vote for one. Hillary Clinton.
•San Francisco Zoo / Tony The Tiger
•I Ride The Short Bus
•Can’t Beat The Parking
•I Beat Anorexia
•Rehab Is For Quitters
•Support Your Local Pole Workers
•The Only Mark I’ve Made in Life, Is In My Underwear
•Dreams Do Come True
•Fu-K You in Sign Language
•Spelling Bee Runnor Up
•Will Turn Tricks For Treats
•”Being Crazy Meant Something”
•Rock Out With
•Your Cock Out
•Gun Control Means Using Both Hands
•It’s All Fun & Games ‘Til The Itching & Burning Starts
•I’m Hung Like A Black Man
•Crazy Enough For A Post Office Job
•Fish Naked Show Off Your Pole
•It’s 10 P.M. Do You Know Where Your Girlfriend Is?
•Doesn’t Play Well With Others
•My Butt Itches
•I’m Retired Go Around Me
•Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on it!
•I Love Country Music (Hillary Clinton Rebus Puzzle T-Shirt)
•No More Bushit!
•Restraining Orders Are Just Another Way Of Saying I Love You
•Department of Redundancy
•Some Days Its Not Even Worth Chewing Through The Restraints
•If A Man Speaks In The Forest, But There Is No Woman To Hear Him. Is He Still Wrong?
•Priests Rub Me The Wrong Way!
•Work For God The Retirement Benefits Are Great
•Jesus Loves You Everyone Else Thinks You’re An Asshole
•Jesus Loves You But I’m His Favorite
•T-Shirt For Dummies
•Fat People Are Hard To Kidnap
•Have A Nice Day
•Can’t Feed ‘Em? Don’t Breed ‘Em
•For English: Press 1, Para Espanol: Move To Mexico and Press 2
•Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes
•Caution! This Person Makes Wide Right Turns
•Caution: Wide Load
•Sometimes I Wonder “Why Is That Frisbee Getting Bigger?”
•Don’t Tase Me, Bro!
•I’d Hit It…And Do Double Damage!
•Real Men Wear Pink
•Embarrassing My Children : Just One More Service I Offer
•I Survived Catholic School
•I’m Huge In Japan
•333 I’m Only Half Evil
•Slave To The Bean
•I’m Confused. No Wait & Maybe I’m Not
•This Is The Worst Day Of My Life Again
•I Eat Paste
•Employee Of The Month
•The Top Ten Reasons I Procrastinate 1.
•Say Hello To My Little Friend(Gnome Shirt)
•Fight The Power Let My People Rise (Gnome Shirt)
•Chillin With My Gnomies
•You Down With OPP? Yeah You Gnome!
•Off-Road Warrior(Golf Cart)
•That’s How I Roll!
•All County Mailbox Baseball
•Grab Your Balls We’re Going Bowling
•It Takes A Lot Of Balls To Golf LIke I Do.
•Get Your Daily Dose Of Iron
•There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can’t.
•I Put Ketchup On My Ketchup
•I Love Redundancy
•For Good Luck Rub My Tummy
•Whatever It Is I Didn’t Do It
•I Found Jesus(He Was Hiding Behind the Sofa)
•I Used To Be Scizophrenic… But We’re OK Now.
•Who Are These People and Where is My Underwear?
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ ALL OF THIS and HAVE CHILDREN READ IT TOO!
After tossing her books on the sofa, she decided to grab a snack and get on-line. She logged on under her screen name ByAngel213. She checked her Buddy List and saw GoTo123 was on. She sent him an instant message:
Hi. I’m glad you are on! I thought someone was following me home today. It was really weird!
LOL You watch too much TV. Why would someone be following you?
Don’t you live in a safe neighborhood?
Top 80 Things to Do While Working at a CG Company…
Compiled by Unknown
1. Complain about what a fool your producer is.
2. Complain about how stupid your client is.
3. Toss around made-up words like “variance” and “multi bias” to confuse your producer and client; laugh about it behind their back.
4. Challenge coworkers to “Wrestle for Rendering Time”.
5. Complain about ILM.
6. Send your reel to ILM.
7. Complain about how little money you make.
8. Insist that “TD” stands for “Top Dog”.
9. Stop by company owner’s office every morning, announce “Employee 17 reporting for duty!”
11. Start renders on other people’s machines
12. Play your favorite AIFF file of Herve Villachez on other people’s machines.
13. Shake your head, repeat “Sounds like carpal tunnel to me”.
14. Hack your neighbor’s .CSHRC, deny it was you when you’re accused of it.
15. Change your least favorite person’s login icon to a picture of Don Knotts
16. Constantly insist that CD stands for Carnal Desire.
17. Insist that you worked on T2.
18. Taunt your mouse.
19. Call 7-Eleven, insist they deliver.
20. Slowly ramp down a co-workers gamma to black over the course of the day.
21. Insist that your business card be printed with job title “Digital Stud”
22. Write top 50 lists.
23. Learn every line from every Monty Python movie, prove your knowledge.
24. Throw fruit.
25. Mail nasty letters to the boss from through someone elses e-mail account.
26. Carry around a suction cup gun so you go around shooting all the monitor screens.
27. Go to someone elses office, lean their phone receiver’s ear piece against the screen until the colors are permanently shifted.
28. On the night before delivery, change the paths for the texture directories on someone elses’ project.
29. Play Network Doom.
31. Repeatedly peer over cubicle wall, shriek “Peek-a-Boo!!!”
32. When boss brings around visitors to your area, hide under desk and make kitten noises.
33. Shout “Eureka!!” every time you press the Enter key.
34. Refuse to enter your machine in the render que for religious reasons.
35. Bring candied apples to yearly review.
36. Leave tunafish sandwich in desk drawer, sniff suspiciously at anyone that stops by your desk.
37. Secretly replace office coffee brand with Folger’s Crystals.
38. “Sacrifice” doughnut to “Voltar, 5 Headed god of Vertex Shading”.
39. Leer at office receptionist, propose private session of “motion capture”.
40. When watching TV or movies with co-workers, claim to have done an internship at that company. Drop names.
41. Claim to have written your own programming language, but it was stolen by “that damn Bill Gates”.
42. Do Tai Chi while standing on top of desk.
43. Scooch around office rug to build up static electricity, then demand $5 or you’ll zap the Reality Engine.
44. Wear flowing black cape, only work at night
45. Flip eyelids inside out, run down the hallway screaming “THE GAMMA RAYS!!! AAAAAAAAA!!!”
46. When ever someone asks you “How’d you do that?”, answer them, “I learned this demonology from Doug Henning, master illusionist!”
47. Be a devoted fan of “Babylon 5″.
49. Drink Jolt and eat Skittles all day, act like “Cornholio”.
50. Before critique, replace animation reel with episode of “Baywatch”, see if they notice.
51. Blare porno soundtrack music from your stereo, claim it’s “inspiring”.
52. Create super heros with the qualities of your profession called, “Mouse Ass and Gamma Head”.
53. Tell everyone you were in Toy Story, “I played the cowboy”.
54. Program someone else’s machine to say “I love you” in the low baritone voice of Barry White every time he clicks on the mouse.
55. Go around the office and “mark your territory”.
56. Wear scuba suit and carry frisbee around office, claim to be “TRON”, here to save the users.
57. Roll up your pants and roll down your socks. Say you’re just pretending, then walk in circles repeatedly.
58. While in the bathroom, start singing that spider song. When you get to “climbs up the water spout”, yell “Ooooowwwwwww! I think she just laid her eggs!”
59. When you know someone is standing behind you or looking at you, start picking your nose and sing “Some of these things are not like the other…” Then suddenly turn their way and show them that it’s the truth.
60. Squirt Krazy Glue on coworkers mouse, watch the zanyness that ensues.
61. Watch “Showgirls” in the editing room, argue that it’s for reference.
62. Every day at lunch, stand atop your desk and slowly ungilate as you play “air guitar” to the sounds of Enya and the sound track to Jurassic Park.
63. Have toilet paper dispenser installed in your office. Tell people “It’s in case of System Failure”
64. Use your office as a garage to store your Gardening Equipment.
66. Rent Advertisment space on the front of your desk to Kraft. Your desk would read, “…It’s the Cheesiest!”
67. Tell your producer that if he wants you to work faster, you must be spanked.
68. Throw a dart at a world map and wherever the dart lands, send e-mail to that country all day trying to make “net” friends.
69. Have a blatantly re-touched photo on your desk of you and Steven Spielberg baking cookies together.
70. Remove all your clothing, claim that you must be as one with your SGI.
71. Hide video recording of project night before due date, force producers to solve a series of fiendish puzzles to find it.
72. Make co-workers mouse ultra sensitive so the arrow on the screen moves at supersonic speeds and is too fast to be visible to the human eye.
74. Use 3d digitizer to encode your butt. Try to sneak this model into all company projects.
75. Dress like Oliver Twist, ask boss for more coal.
76. Sit in bathroom stall and bellow “CORE DUMP!!!”
77. Giggle whenever anybody says “Unix”
78. Sneak in to someones empty office, smear honey on the telephone’s receiver, go back to your office and when the other person returns to his office, call him and try to speak to him about a serious topic like the environment or ask him if he’s seen your jar of honey.
79. Dream about that ever-elusive 79th thing to do.
80. One word: Lambada!
Signs You Work at a Computer Animation Company…
Compiled by Unknown
1. Frappaccino soon leads the way to “Frappimation”
2. You frantically click on your window trying to make it “pop” in front of a post-it pad you stuck on your screen the night before.
3. There are more toys in the offices than at a toy factory.
4. Dan Rather presents a lengthy report on the CG industry simply to have the opportunity to label you as “Techno-Nerds” (at night he giggles with his imaginary friend, Tootles).
5. You get a cut on your finger and you begin bleeding coffee from your gaping wound.
6. You begin to believe that pigs can talk, (No, I mean REALLY talk). None of this CG crap!
7. In your cubicle, you have an audience of fellow employees emitting “OOoooo”‘s and “Aaaahhhhh”‘s when your “fireworks” screen saver starts up.
8. The pets about the building get “paged” through the paging system. “Fido, to the back door.. . Fido, to the back door, please.. . and stay!”
9. Your CD player becomes your best friend. “*sniff.. you never let me down!”
10. Your only window to the outside world is, Discovery.com.
11. Mommy and Daddy stop laughing at you because you’re making “cartoons” when you tell them how much more you’re making than they are.
12. You get teary eyed whenever you see your first commercial on TV.
13. You’ve uttered the phrase “Man, TRON would look so cool if they made it today!”
14. You realize that you don’t see movies for the plot anymore, just to see the cool effects.
15. You sneer at people that don’t know what SIGGRAPH stands for.
16. You actually think that classic cel-animated cartoons would look so much neater as 3D characters.
17. You wake up every morning at 4:53 screaming with nightmares of intersecting polygons.
18. You can hold meaningful, insightful, and intelligent conversations via e-mail, but stutter and gibber like a baboon when faced with an attractive member of the opposite sex.
19. You begin to put less and less emphasis on your physical appearance, and more and more emphasis on your understanding of particle systems.
20. You actually believe that high pay and fancy benefits are an even trade-off for your social life.
21. You have a nice car, a kick-ass home theater system, and a great apartment. Unfortunately, you never have time to enjoy them.
22. You pet your desk lamp and call it “Luxo Jr. ”
23. Programmers and animators form seperate tribes, each fearing and distrusting the other. Formal meetings must be organized to communicate effectively, during which only the person holding the conch may speak.
24. You giggle hysterically every time you watch “Jurassic Park”, and that girl says “This is a Unix system! I know Unix!”, and proceeds to play with the `Buttonfly’ demo.
25. When you get drunk, you get philisophical about Star Wars and Star Trek.
26. You find yourself writing a “You know you’re working at a CG company when.. . ” list.
27. Your most important expressions of individualism are your . login icon and . signature file.
28. No matter how many times you explain to your parents what you do, they still tell people that you “make cartoons”.
29. You’ve become comfortable with the fact that your skin has become more pale then the soft squishy skin under an old Band-Aid.
30. Everyone is walking around with more wrist straps and bandages than a Tennis pro.
31. You have so many “ergonomic” supports that your body never comes in contact with your desk or floor around it.
32. You spend more time and effort decorating your office cubicle than you do your apartment.
33. Your tiny computer costs more than your car.
34. Spanking isn’t exciting anymore.
35. Your teeth become plyably soft from all the soda you drink.
36. Your client pays most for effects that are seen least.
37. You’ll eat anything as long as they deliver.
38. You never hear the pages because you have your headphones on.
39. You netsearch a supermodel’s name, then proceed to fantasize about how maybe you would meet, and how she would realize what a sensitive and attractive person you are, and you’d date, and she’d come into the office and make all the rest of the guys jealous, but then you’d get in a fight about how you work late all the time, and she would walk out on you, and you’d be heartbroken and crying, and.. no.. . never mind.. .. it’s too painful to talk about.. ..
40. You would seriously consider quitting if the boss cut off your Netscape privileges.
41. You actually say “I don’t have time to date somebody right now. I have a deadline to meet!”
42. Your favorite coffee cup has some Unix or SGI logo on it.
43. You criticize “Reboot” because they don’t render the shadows.
4. You own a Nerf weapon of some sort and keep it next to your desk.
45. You find you’re the only one left in the theater watching ALL the final credits.
46. Most of your wardrobe consists of t-shirts from various animation studios.
47. You have more recruiters calling you than most college football players.
48. Programmers walk around with necklaces made of the ears of those who find bugs in the system.
49. You speak to no one unless they submit their message via e-mail.
50. When you name your pet something stupid like “GIF” or “WEB”
51. You point at the movie/TV screen and blurt out, “We did that”.
52. Your CD collection triples in size every year.
53. Your importance is measured by the number of people that you are on a first name basis with that work in the industry. “Hey, George (Lucas). How’s the the ol’ R2-unit!”
54. Half the people in your company eat nothing but alphalfa sprouts and raw bran.
55. Bottled water is a staple of daily life.
56. When you ask for an office with a window, they laugh at you.
57. When you get your office with a window in it, it’s Windows `95.
58. Family, what family?
59. Your office attire consists of ripped jeans, a Simpsons t-shirt, and a pair of sandles.
60. You’ve got a stack of 5 or more little tin boxes of Altoids somewhere near your desk.
61. The weekly massage lady awaits you.. .. .. .. .. Ahhhhhhhhh.. .. .
62. You actually feel a twinge of guilt if you don’t go to work during the weekend.
63. Every day around 4:30, you have the urge to throw off all your clothes and run willy-nilly through the hallways screaming “LOOK OUT! I’M MANIMAL!! PART MAN, PART ANIMAL!! GROWL GROWL!!!” oh, wait, maybe that’s just me.. .
64. Every time your computer crashes, you perform a voodoo ritual to purge the bad joo-joo involving a Twinkie, 14 thumbtacks, some flat Fresca, and a lock of Nipsey Russel’s hair.
65. You make fun of the new guy who is still using JOT instead of VI, and call him imaginative names like “Jotboy”
66. You’ve got to plan your vacation at least a year in advance so it doesn’t conflict with a deadline.
67. Every time you switch companies, your salary goes up more than your parents’ yearly income.
68. You’d rather have your head stapled to the rug than wear a business suit to work.
69. Frappuccino has taken over your life and has you driving to the Coffee shop every twenty minutes to get your fix of that amazing, cold, smooth, tempting, tasty.. .. OOooo.. .. must fight urge.. .. . can’t lift arms.. .. .. . must get .. .. . Frap.. pucc.. .. AAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhh.. .. .. ..
70. You find yourself touching buttons, punching keys, toggling mice, and looking at monitors LIKE you care.
71. You consider the sunset on your Mailbox to be “scenery”.
72. You spend more time customizing your window icons than talking to other members of the human race.
73. You’ve got more soundbites in your home space than Herbie Hancock.
74. You feel no shame in saying “I’ve spent the past 3 weeks tweaking the fur shaders on the bunny’s tail. ”
75. It’s not at all uncommon for you to go grocery shopping at 11:30 pm, and you only buy stuff like “Hot Pockets” or frozen burritos.
76. You truly believe that the ad would look so much better if only those idiot clients would just shut up and let you do the job.
77. Most of your communication with old friends is forwarded joke e-mail.
78. You’ve actually signed and forwarded that “Save Sesame Street” petition.
79. You’ve got a 30 second sound clip of the Simpsons or Beavis & Butthead that plays every time e-mail arrives.
80. Your only hopes for dating are:
1) If somebody really great HAPPENS to start working at the company. This rarely succeeds, because you both know how many hours you have to work all the time.
2) Somebody really great works in/near the same building as you. This rarely succeeds, because they’ll soon learn what a complete workaholic you are.
3) You’re hit by a bus, forget everything about your former life, fall in love, and live happily ever after in the countryside, raising emus for fun and profit. This rarely happens, because people usually die after being hit by buses.
81. Your computer’s name becomes more and more complicated as the years go by: “Yep, I’m working on a new Indigo 2 Extreme Sudden Impact Raptor Talon with Cheese. ”
82. Cups, pens, co-workers have permanently adhered to your desk from all the soda you’ve spilt on it.
83. You enjoy the free breakfast and lunch every.. .. .. . oh, wait.. . that’s just Dreamworks. Darn!
84. People call you by your login-in name, a name that you haven’t used since you were two.
85. Your company’s name has something like “Dream” or “Quest” or something silly nilly in it having to do with dreaming or sleeping or some other biological function.
86. All the Art Directors have Mad Cow Disease.. .. well at least you wish they did.
Facebook has confirmed findings of a CA security researcher that the social-networking site’s Beacon ad service is more intrusive and stealthy than previously acknowledged, an admission that contradicts statements made previously by Facebook executives and representatives.http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/140225